Another monthly favorites; a mix of my favorite beauty, fashion, tech, food and fitness related products! August Favorites!
This month is filled with some awesome summer related stuff!
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte. I found my holy grail of liquid foundations! I tend to have oily skin, some days are better than others, but when I would wear liquid foundation…you could literally use my face as a slip-n-slide. Not pretty! Since the cooler months are just around the corner, I tend to wear more makeup but I have the hardest time finding a full coverage liquid foundation that will stay matte….and that’s fairly inexpensive. I saw a fellow YouTuber using this and swore by it. She also has oily skin and she loves this product, so I though I’d give it a try… My God! It really does work! It goes on liquid but kind of turns powdery when blended out. I wore it for a good 8+ hours during a heat wave and it stayed matte! I’m in the shade sun beige. I think I’ll have to stock up on this for winter just a few shades lighter.
- Victoria’s Secret Bikini. The plunge halter top paired with the itsy bikini bottom had been my go to bathing suit for the past few months. I bought it in black because its my favorite color of course. Just an all around good simple bikini that’s just a tad sexy.
- Chike! protein coffee. So I figured out that this coffee is not pronounced cheekay, but chike…(rhyming with LIKE) Strange but besides that, it’s a nice treat on the weekend for my coffee addiction and a perk for having 20g of protein. Bought myself a 1lb tub which holds 14 servings. Made this as a Frappuccino once…better than Starbucks!
- Miss Manga mascara. I found the holy grail of all mascaras and I have not stopped using it since buying it! I watched/read reviews of this mascara and they’re a mixed bag of positive and negative feedback. I was looking for a mascara that went on thick and an easy 1-coat-and-go. Some people say they don’t like it because its too creamy (peanut butter like) and gets clumpy if you get too crazy. Well I find that this is the right type of formula for me. Most mascaras I have used are almost chalky and take forever to build up. This one (if done properly) can go on thin but more importantly, with a heavier hand can look almost like falsies! It takes time to get used to the formula but its all a matter of how “heavy” you lay it on.
- Mystery Show podcast. Another podcast for you all. More light hearted than Criminal and Serial. It’s a cute podcast about a woman taking in “mysteries” and trying to solve them. Like finding the owner of a lost belt buckle (which was adorned with a frying pan and a toaster with little toast that pops out) to figuring out exactly how tall Jake Gyllenhal is!
- Samsung Tab 4. So I actually didn’t buy this. This was a present/hand-me-down from my stepdad. He got it as like a promotional thing with his new phone but decided to give I to me instead. He has a tablet that he likes and doesn’t need another one. Its definitely different from apple products but I love it! It has a lot more personalization than a ipad does. And I like the sounds it makes better. I only use it with Wi-Fi as to not rack up data. And its perfect for watching Netflix! (I don’t have a TV in my room and watching “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” on my phone just doesn’t do it justice!)