I’m sure you all can tell that I have a growing obsession with wigs… I just can’t seem to get enough of them! So I first started wanting a wig when I watched Glam&Gore’s video about her wig collection. Then I watched Alexa Poletti’s wig series… And I knew I needed one. I used to be a serial box hair dyer fiend! But ever since the “big chop,” I have given up on dyeing my hair. Its literally been 12 years since I have seen my natural hair color. Yes I have been dyeing my hair THAT LONG! Don’t get me wrong, I love my natural hair and I’m happy that its natural and unprocessed. But I do get bored with how it looks, both the length and color. So that solidified my decision further into venturing into the world of wigs!
I want to tell you a little bit about each wig I have got so far… yes I actually have more coming 🙂
So this is the first SYNTHETIC wig I bought. I got it from WigIsFashion.com and, up until my red bang wig, it was my favorite. When I dyed my hair, most of the time it was black. I think I looked the best with black hair. I felt like it suited me nicely. And thankfully I have naturally dark eyebrows, so I’m not trying to fill them in with sharpie. So this was an obvious first choice wig for me. Black hair was not a crazy color (yet) and I know I pulled it off once before, so I know I could pull it off again.
- Looks very natural when brushed out.
- Thick density
- Lovely bounce and layers
- Multiple combs and adjustable straps
- 150°C heat resistant (via website) 300°F for American rebels! (ya know, we hate the metric system lol)
- Small parting space (even though its a lace front, recent wigs I’ve gotten have a deeper part and look more natural)
- Middle part (just a preference, I’m not a big fan of middle parts or “pushed back” parts)
- Tangles (though this is common with long wigs around the nape of the neck)
- Expensive (I have recently purchased wigs that cost a 1/3 of the price of this one)
- Needs extra hairline plucking (not everyone’s hairline is so full)
- SYNTHETIC (may look too wiggy for some people)
Where to buy
Like I mentioned in my con, this wig (well the first 3 wigs I got) were hella expensive! But the only thing I can think of that justifies that price is the density. This is a very dense wig. In other words, there is a LOT of hair! So you wont be seeing tracks or your natural hair if it is lighter than the wig color.
Its a nice wig and looks great straight out of the box. You will need to cut the extra lace and pluck the hairline for a natural look. If you want your first wig to be a nice wig with a pretty price tag, then splurge! I mean its not the most expensive wig ever but for frugal budgets, it gets pricey. I know I mentioned a lot of cons but over all, it’s a nice wig. I’m just picky since I have gotten more.