I haven’t died I promise! I have been super busy again thess past few weeks with work functions and family matters. But more importantly I have been stepping up my aerial game!
I have invested in private training with my favorite teacher, Nichoel! I have had 2 privates so far and I feel like I have learned so much more than a normal class has to offer. I still take conditioning circus classes (at the request of my teacher) to continue building strength. But I do enjoy the one-on-one lessons more.
“Wow you eat so healthy!” “I wish I could be as disciplined as you.” “You are always eating that healthy food, huh?” These are just a few of the comments I get from co-workers and friends. I get it, not everyone eats healthy or they feel the need to compare their eating habits to others…maybe for some validation.
But here’s the thing, I don’t force myself to eat healthy. I eat healthy because it tastes good! I hate when people say that “I couldn’t eat like that, I need more flavor, and that stuff is just so bland.” WHAT!? Ok maybe if you’re just started to convert your unhealthy diet to a healthy lifestyle. Yes house salads are boring and a cup of ranch is the only way to make it better. But there are so many other healthy foods and food alternatives that are delicious and flavorful!
I was lucky enough to have a mom that raised me to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I wasn’t eating a lot of fast food or dino-nuggets. I was eating a very colorful, varying diet and that had a huge positive impact on my adult life. I actually crave fruits and veggies! Ryan and I are definitely in a sticky situation when it comes to healthy eating with our families being less than vegans… Meat on top of meat on top of potatoes on top of pasta. So we try to cook for ourselves as much as we can, especially since I am pescatarian.
Sometimes I even hoard fruits and veggies from my grocery trips at work so no one else can eat them. I can go through a package of strawberries, blueberries and celery in like 2 days. In combination with how much exercise on a daily basis, eating healthy just comes naturally.
Now I am definitely no saint…by ANY means! I love cheese pizza, and nachos, and carbs! And that’s the thing that everyone forgets, you can eat anything in moderation! You CAN have 3 slices of pizza…but not every day. I basically reserve my “cheat food” for days that I’m going to be working out really hard, or when my period starts….or even just because. Now I don’t hoard my cheat meals or anything. I don’t restrict myself from anything. It’s only when you start listening to your body and feeling what it needs, is when you can decide if you should eat that pizza, or 3 helpings of cookie butter. And for me if I have a high calorie intake day, I get that junk food out of my system; I’m satisfied for another few days, maybe even weeks.
I don’t dedicate an entire day to eating shit food. I eat healthy 85% of the time, sometimes even 99%. But when I want a cookie, I’m not going to talk myself down. I’m not going to think I’m fat if I eat it…or 4… I’m going to eat it because my body is telling me, you deserve that cookie! It’s not going to hurt you.
FOOD IS NOT THE ENEMY!
Food is meant to nourish your body. It’s the fuel to keep all your organs and cells working. I think if everyone listened to their bodies and got a good amount of exercise, more people would be happy with themselves.
I also think a part of what helps me is yoga. Every day. Yoga really lets you get in touch with your body, not only when you’re practicing, but when you’re living your day-to-day life. In addition to that, just incorporate more activity into your day. I walk 30-45 minutes on my lunch break every day, I get up every half hour and stretch or walk around the office, I also switch around my gym workouts between 30 minute cardio sessions and 40 minute weightlifting sessions. On the weekends, I’m able to do morning and nighttime yoga and go hiking. So as you can see I do stay as active as I can. I’m no cardio bunny or anything. I just know that being active is GOOD for my body. It shouldn’t be a chore or a burden to get up and moving. You should WANT to move around, or go on a little walk, or even stretch out those kinks.
Don’t be afraid to change for the better. Our bodies are all we have. So we should take care of them, but not deprive them.
Another monthly favorites! The last one of 2015 actually! This year has been amazing and ecpecially this last month. I got a lot of nice presents this year and I’m so grateful for them. I’m even more grateful that I HAVE my family. But presents are nice too.
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser – my mom actually bought this and I stayed at her house one night and forgot my face wash. I decided to use hers and it was awesome! I have oily skin so this (against popular belief) doesn’t dry out my skin. It keeps the oils in so my face doesn’t produce more oil when it’s dried out like other face washes. It also washes off my makeup amazingly! Depending on how glam my makeup is it’ll take a few pumps and washes but it always gets my makeup off without the harsh rubbing makeup towelettes.
- Becca Champagne Glow – Christmas present! My mom definitely surprised me with this beauty I could not get ready fast enough to try this highlighter. I am an avid viewer of all things Jaclyn Hill, and other MUA’s. I never thought to buy a high end makeup product because, lets face it…I’m cheap. Most of my makeup is drugstore. But this totally made my day! I actually use all 3 of the shades when I’m full glammed up! the darkest near my contour, champagne pop on majority of high points, and pearl on the very tip of cheek bones and nose to make them extra strobbed!
- House of Lashes Iconic – VA VA VOOM! Love these lashes! Another present from my mommy. Ever since she bought them at the beginning of the year, Ive wanted some ever since. But just too lazy and cheap. There only $12, but I was determined to find a cheaper pair that look as nice…boy was I wrong! I’ll definitely be buying some other styles such as Pixie Luxe and Noir Fairy.
- Marc Jacobs Decadence – Can I tell you how long it took me and Ryan to figure out which perfume to get me for Christmas? I’ve never owned a $120 bottle of perfume so it was a tedious game of “which Sephora sample should I wear today” Thankfully the sales associate let us have 4 samples to let me try and see which one I can stand smelling like for about 2 years lol. This was an amazing present! The bottle can be used as a weapon…just saying! Thanks to my amazing boyfriend for this present!
- Harbinger weightlighting belt – Thank you grandma! I feel bad now that I (the oldest granddaughter) is all grown up and doesn’t play with toys (unless its harry potter) or wear certain clothes… So she asked me to pick out something I wanted and she’ll get it. I have been really serious about the gym and I have been dying to hit new squat PR’s, so I asked for a soft Velcro weightlifting belt! This baby is awesome! Really helps with that HEAVY weight! (this isn’t used as a everyday accessory, it should only be used on really heavy lifts that are 1-3 rep max!) Thanks grandma for getting me exactly what I wanted 😉
- Silk Elements hand cream – And lastly, Socal is getting hit with cold spells and it’s taking its toll on my poor hands. This is the best underrated hand cream out there. Cruelty free, vegan and just plain awesome! Ryan got me into this hand cream, its really thick and creamy put once my hands have soaked up the lotion; my hands aren’t greasy at all, only moisturized.